Brexit or stay in, consequences for our plants

Jeeze Manders, unbiased it may be but its not exactly an easy read is it?, it's like trying to actually read apples terms and conditions every time I get an update........

I wish I had an opinion but as you've said, it's just too complicated , especially for someone like myself who takes very little interest in anything, least of all politics or referendums.....

I'd like to make my vote count but in reality it'll just be a ' safe ' stay in vote for me, I don't know the implications for leaving the EU and to be honest, I'm not going to spend hours researching it .

• Like 1

europe is breaking up and wont last long. look at the issues surrounding greece. think what it will cost to support turkey and other backward countries desperate to get in and their hands on all that eu money. my prediction is that in less than 10 years time germany will have had enough and leave. leaving britain as one of the biggest contributors to have to fork out even more. Leave the restaurant now I say or we will be picking up the bill

• Like 2

Well i might vote to leave, mostly because Obama said we should stay in and i can't stand the t**t since he helped screw over BP.

he also created the instability in the middle east resulting in europes refugee crisis

Jeeze Manders, unbiased it may be but its not exactly an easy read is it?, it's like trying to actually read apples terms and conditions every time I get an update........

I wish I had an opinion but as you've said, it's just too complicated , especially for someone like myself who takes very little interest in anything, least of all politics or referendums.....

I'd like to make my vote count but in reality it'll just be a ' safe ' stay in vote for me, I don't know the implications for leaving the EU and to be honest, I'm not going to spend hours researching it .

Couldn't have put it better myself! Whilst I feel I ought to have an opinion, it's just such a boring issue, and so badly explained that my eyes glaze over every time the subject comes up!

Whatever the outcome, the losers will say "Told you so" as soon as anything goes wrong :)

• Like 1

it is true that nobody really knows immediate effect one way or other  my worry is that a lot of youngster will vote on the basis better the devil you know than one you don't and wont really vote to stay in because that's what they want but because they know no different .This is want Cameron is banking on and urging all youngster s  to register to vote and now extending the deadline .........

jim

he also created the instability in the middle east resulting in europes refugee crisis

I think we can trace the roots of that particular problem back to the lying toad Blair and puppet master Bush. But Obama has made a huge potential mistake in doing a deal with Iran (and lying about the reasons for it).

• Like 1

I am going to vote out.  If in the future it goes terrible wrong and the end of the world occurs Europe would quite happily allow Britain back in.

If you vote stay in and it all goes terrible wrong it will virtually be impossible to leave

• Like 1

I think we can trace the roots of that particular problem back to the lying toad Blair and puppet master Bush. But Obama has made a huge potential mistake in doing a deal with Iran (and lying about the reasons for it).

yes you are correct. I should have said 'perpetuated' instead of 'created'

and CAMERON NOT? all the same whatever side there on

Politician: Derived from the word poly, meaning "many," and the French tete, meaning "head" or "face." Thus the meaning of the word politician is "many faced"!

• Like 4

Sorry fellas. Biodiversity is my main concern in this matter and I have not been given any indication of how well protected our wildlife and habitats will be if we leave. The EU habitats directive is a massive force for good in nature conservation, and I would rather keep this protection than jump into the unknown. If a brexit occurs unfortunately I do not think the environment will be top priority in most lawmaker's minds.

• Like 3

It is not only the problems getting plants to and from Europe, if we leave, a lot of Foreign owned companies that employ a lot of people will also leave. It is a nonsense to think things will be better if we leave as unemployment will be on the rise dramatically.

I sell machinery to the car component manufacturing industry and other metal working companies and I was told by the chief production engineer of the company that supply Nissan with exhausts that Nissan will leave. The exhaust manufacturer for Honda told me the only reason Honda is in the UK is that we are in the EU.

Be very careful what you wish for and the grass is not always greener on the other side of the valley.

• Like 2

James, unfortunately there is very little 'real' protection for our environment.

As we all know, new roads are constantly being built through 'protected' habitats. New housing is constantly being built, not only on our precious habitats, but also right up to their edges (which still causes damage).

With the amount of people coming into this country and their future children, there is going to be a need for massive house building and the associated roads - you will be lucky if there is any wild habitat left by the time you're an old man.

Locally where I am - several years ago it was decided that laying reinforced concrete slabs in the shape of a horse, was of vital importance and so warranted the damage it caused to a SSSI & SAC Chalk Grassland - this was actually the first permitted development on a SAC anywhere in Europe - the European courts did nothing about it and the eye sore is still there.

I think whatever happens, our wildlife is screwed!! :moderator:

• Like 1

It is not only the problems getting plants to and from Europe, if we leave, a lot of Foreign owned companies that employ a lot of people will also leave. It is a nonsense to think things will be better if we leave as unemployment will be on the rise dramatically.

I sell machinery to the car component manufacturing industry and other metal working companies and I was told by the chief production engineer of the company that supply Nissan with exhausts that Nissan will leave. The exhaust manufacturer for Honda told me the only reason Honda is in the UK is that we are in the EU.

Be very careful what you wish for and the grass is not always greener on the other side of the valley.

The scary thing is that I actually know someone who works at Nissan in Sunderland and his Facebook wall is full of Brexit supporting stuff. If you are willing to put your own job at risk what hope is there?

image.jpg

Madness!

Agreed Phil, there is very little respect for habitats and protected areas as it is and it's very sad! Look at the case of the Nightingales at Lodge Hill, Kent (http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/placestovisit/northwardhill/b/northwardhill-blog/archive/2016/04/22/lodge-hill-and-the-nightingales.aspx); or the Gwent levels in Wales, where they want to plough a motorway through (http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/M4). No respect for the protections put in place. There are often people fighting the good fight in these cases, but it's a horrible thing to have to try to protect an area which should already be in safe hands!

But I certainly don't trust an independent British Tory government to look after our environment to any extent - some of the things they have advocated could have been hideous had they not been overshadowed by the EU - legalisation of neonic pesticides is an example. Badger culls, and continuation of the desecration of uplands and illegal raptor persecution for the unfortunate industry of driven grouse shooting are other examples of how the government show complete apathy to our environment - at least, in the latter case, the EU may have been slow about it, but it has indeed issued a warning for Natural England and land managers to clean up their act in English moorlands, see: https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/rspb-complaint-sparks-european-legal-action-over-grouse-moor-burning/

With a place in the EU, we can also influence how others treat their environment - the recent case of the EU's pressure on Malta to discontinue spring hunting for two declining bird species - the quail and turtle dove - is a perfect example. My local MEPs did their bit and I am grateful for their input into the matter. Malta has been a mixed success, but it has agreed to end spring hunting of turtle doves, as well as providing better enforcement and stronger punishments for illegal bird hunting.

I prefer to remain an optimist. When it comes to our biodiversity, there's still a lot to fight for, and I will do what I can to ensure its survival! As it is my passion in life, it is my main reasoning for how I vote in this referendum. Nobody has given any indication of what laws will be put in place to replace the EU habitats directive, and as far as I see it, a brexit would be stepping into a meadow in a dark night with people running blindly about and trampling all the flowers, bees and butterflies underfoot.

We need to get out now!        we are not the cash cow for europe.

People in Italy and France are already fed up with it too.

Our small island can't continue to pay for everything,we can't support this constant stream of young men coming here.

Our infra structure cannot support the numbers here now never mind how many hundreds of thousands will still come if we stop in.

We need to get tough and stop it NOW.  These people have never put into the system,they just take,take.take and do gooders just stand up for them for their own good too.

This country needs people who can speak english,support themselves and have good skills we can use now and in the future.

Other countries will still deal with us,they aren't going to stop sending cars from germany are they?

We need to take control and be a Great country again,not just britain but   GREAT BRITAIN

ADA

• Like 1