Beware of carnivoria.eu

Lepto

I have ordered a Nepenthes jamban at carnivoria.eu. It says I have gurantee should something go wrong on the web site, but the seller does not, give you the gurantee.

In my case the plant was sent bare rooted and the roots were damaged .Therefore the plant never grew and started to slowly wither (because it had no functioning roots)

The seller says when he sent it it was in great condition and therefore it must have been my bad conditions that damaged the plant.

What really made me angry is, that first he offered an exchange plant. 10 Days later after asking multiple times he said he will only give me a refund. Then 7 days later only after asking persistently again. He told me he will not refund anything. That is very bad human behavior, which no half way professional seller should have. Lying to me and ignoring my Emails for almost 3 Weeks.

I have many nepenthes growing well and many other plants. I have constant 65% humidity and red/blue/white Led lighting, with a very good soil mixture. I put the plant in a plastic bag at first for getting used to my humidity easier.

If you want to be safe ordering a plant I reccomend a different seller. 

I hope this helps others not to make my mistake...

Edited by Lepto

• 3 weeks later...

Beware www.carnivoria too I ordered 6 Pinguicula , 3 different Pinguicula species , they also happen to be also the only ones available which was thankful !!! Well I have never ever received plants so disgracefully packed , all with NO names !!! of any description was enclosed , and of such incredibly small too((( one specie with no name was a even smaller bag of leaves upon arrival, which have since perished , the other specie also no name one became a ball of mycelium in 24hrs on bone dry perlite /vermiculite !! The other poor subjects are strangely wanting to go into winter rosette instead of growing summer leaves , when I emailed to address this strangely could not understand English when spoke perfect English leading up to order , really that old chestnut , there are some good Pinguicula growers out there but this is not a person or business who cares about the well being of Pinguicula just as a source of cash , worse thing is you may only read about this after you have been ripped off as well , so better wait until you see what your want from another nursery not www carnivoria .eu

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I receieved a rootless Jamban from a different vendor, no roots at all, the plant recovered fine and is now growing. Howver, plants with damaged or missing roots are a risk to the purchaser and should be replaced.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can only fully recommend Carnivoria, over the years Ive ordered from David and what arrived was always good and generous, I have a opening the box video from them on my channel and you can see how well packaged everything is. Its a shame things didnt work out for you, but i feel its one of the best shops online at very reasonable prices.

I just want to point out that I 've just got another package after 12 days of shipping ( it seems there was some delay due to inspections ) and David was very cooperative and helpful , and the plants were so much bigger than I'd expect (and surprisingly fine after this long time in a box )  
Still one of the best from my point of view. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, dreamfalcon,

When did he last sent a mail?  The longest he took to respond to me was a month and after viewing this forum, he replied to everyone. Could it be that he is really busy now?  

I wouldnt order in the winter as well, its way too risky and not to mention, dormant plants are much more fragile