Max temp low temp

Deltatango301

It would help if you specified some temperature ranges.

saying that most temperate pings are happy outside in the u.k if you get the soil and drainage right.

they also grow well in a cool greenhouse on the shady side without any extra heat or protection from the cold

ada

It would help if you specified some temperature ranges.

saying that most temperate pings are happy outside in the u.k if you get the soil and drainage right.

they also grow well in a cool greenhouse on the shady side without any extra heat or protection from the cold

ada

That tells me all no good in a hot greenhouse

Thanks

It's got proper glass in it Fred, it has two auto roof openings

And two auto side openings and door that's left open

But last summer it could get up to 40c on some days

And I had to use shading the green netting in the roof

That faces the sun

We get the odd days in the 40's (C not F) and plenty days in the high 30's and my ping moranensis, its hybrids and prim's do fine, though I can't say for cold as I readily get as low as 8C on winter nights, but I am guessing you mean pom cold, so I cant say for that but I doubt moranensis would appreciate the cold.

Your greenhouse summer high temps are the same as mine, all of my Mexican pings do well in there but I keep the few temperate plants I have in a cooler place.  I try to keep the GH above 8C in winter (coz I keep cacti and succulents too), again all my Mex pings have come to no harm over the last few winters.

Edited by Gaz

Your greenhouse summer high temps are the same as mine, all of my Mexican pings do well in there but I keep the few temperature plants I have in a cooler place.  I try to keep the GH above 8C in winter (coz I keep cacti and succulents too), again all my Mex pings have come to no harm over the last few winters.

That interesting I will take look at the Mexican pings thanks

Of course I meant I keep my few 'temperate' plants in a cooler place and should have said my Mexicans haven't come to any harm in the last few winters or summers.....sorry, but that's what you get with lunch-time surfing.

Good luck with the plants. I saw your other thread with the pallet shelving and your greenhouse, and judging by the title of this post I guess you won't be heating the GH so you'll probably need to provide some sort of protection from sub-zero temps if you try Mexican pings, don't forget I'm keeping mine around 8C min.

Ok I understand now the mex pings cannot take freezing temps,

Are there any that can take freezing temps ?

I do have electric in the greenhouse but was trying not to use

So I save money, I suppose I can always put them on the

Bedroom sill over winter

some temperate pings can take freezing all winter.P.grandiflora is a good one to start with.

And yes it will grow in the GH in summer,just put them on the floor where its cooler on the shady side.

rosea.jpg

Edited by ada