In my possession are the following highlanders:

N.edwardsiana

N.attenboroughii

N.inermis

N.hamata

N.robcantleyi

N.mikei

N.ventricosa

And some assorted other highland species, from other plant families, including a Heliamphora pulchella.

I've got my nights down to 11.6C-13.8C, but the days are 25.5C-27.2C. The higher temp periods are the max reached and held for no more than an hour, before the chiller drops the temps back to around 21C, then it slowly climbs back up, over about an hour, before the chiller kicks in, again.

The humidity is 100%, because all of the plants are enclosed in their own containers, since they are small, but I am installing an ultrasonic humidifier to billow fog into the chamber and there is a fan inside, for circulation. Once the humidifier is installed, I'll have the plants free of their domes and exposed to the chamber air, keeping it 80-100% relative humidity.

My concern is that the day temps are the tolerated highs and not ideal. I do have the option of bringing the temps down, but I don't have too many options for precise control, so the temps would be 27C-21C max, during the day, with the same night drops to 11.6C-24.8C. Which day temps are the better range? Slightly too cool or slightly too warm, for short periods?

I'm also aware that robcantleyi and attenboroughii can be grown as intermediates, though I choose to treat attenboroughii as a highlander. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Druboi