Mealybugs

What do you to kill mealybus , the most profitable way?

I found that insecticides aren´t good at all.. they seem to be resistant. The only way that seems now to be worth it is to put the plants submerged in water about 24h.. but this would only be usefull for some plants and its a big stress for them..

it really depends on the insecticide your using as well, a lot of mealy bugs have become resistant to the % strength of over the counter insecticides, if you use agricultural grade systemic trans laminar and contact insecticide then they are relatively easy to deal with,

unfortunately those insecticides aren't available to people without the correct spraying certs and coshh certs, I have been using two different agri grade insecticides to deal with the mealys i did have, 

it may be an idea to contact a local landscaping company who have the relevant spraying certs and get them to treat your plants with something that has some backbone to it.

hope that helps

paul

Try making a nicotine sprey and give it a bash on them. There's a few recipes on the tinterweb. Not sure whether it will be effective on mealybugs, but when I had an aphid problem on my Sarracenia and Dionaea muscipula. The sprey killed off the aphids and didn't cause any harm to the plants what so ever.