Photos of dionaea muscipula

Anthony

I go out of my way to save ladybirds, they are voracious predators of pests especially aphids.

your plants are better served by letting that little eating machine run free.

• Like 2

so very true, I have been scattering verbena seed, poppy seed (orientale) and foxglove seed in every field roadside and grassy area I can find, on 3 separate occasions I have been "challenged" by a member of the public as to what I am doing and as soon as I explain they join in!

there are at least 3000 plus bee friendly plants now growing around every spare inch of my sons school field, my lawns next year will be covered by wildflower meadow on a roll, mainly because im sick of grass but also for the bees.

last years guerrilla gardening involved 200 plus tree seedlings and foxgloves have transformed an otherwise shitty looking dumping ground.

I still have a lot of seed to go

save those bees!!!

• Like 5

Now she is dead  :moderator:

Just hope not too toxic for the plant, Coccinellidae are like little chemical cocktails of nasty.

I have been scattering verbena seed, poppy seed (orientale) and foxglove seed in every field roadside and grassy area I can find.

I, too, am a phantom foxglove seeder. Such a magnificent plant and I still have about 500g of seed to 'spill' on my walks.

I go out of my way to save ladybirds, they are voracious predators of pests especially aphids.

your plants are better served by letting that little eating machine run free.

Do you think really, I put voluntarily this ladybug in my dionaea ? I let the nature to do.

Do you think really, I put voluntarily this ladybug in my dionaea ? I let the nature to do.

no and nor did I suggest you did, I did write that I go out of my way to save ladybirds even the immigrant ones as they unlike the natives work a lot harder take less breaks and are happy to work.

I didn't write at any point any accusation suggestion inference or anything else in regards to that ladybird.

gary no I don't separate them from the natives, I long ago stopped pursuing the impossible, I also don't partake in excercises in futility, and in between working 60 hrs a week, running a nursery, looking after my children etc I just simply don't have the time to rid the uk of non native ladybirds, sorry but I will have to leave that important endeavour to someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

They make my beautiful plants seeds Anthony

thank you Lucien

Yes it is a sowing that I obtained with your seeds. I never had the claim to say the opposite or to give it a name. It is just a commonplace Dionaea muscipula.

• 2 months later...