Which S. "Goldie" have you got?

linuxman

Which S. "Goldie"  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which sort of S. "Goldie" have you?

Here is mine bought from Ian,still young and not a great shot..it has the red veining

DSCF3245_zpsc96c20a3.jpg

All our plants are sulphur yellow and almost bleaching to white but interestingly paul Gardner brought down a small 'Goldie' division that was markedly greener than ours but with the some morphology and pattern of light veining after a week or so it has been going yellower and a new pitcher is more sulphur yellow at the tip.

I know Paul grows his plants at the end of a poly-tunnel nearer to trees so maybe he has not had as much sun as usual.

I grow mine in a poly-tunnel in good light with an equal mix of sunny days to overcast or wet.

I have had a thought that may lead us in an interesting direction.

Could the differences be because of wavelength of light either due to atmospheres or due to growing under glass compared to polythene or say polycarbonate.

I have never grown these under glass but I am about to do just that to see if there is any change.

It may be helpful if now or in the future everybody states the typical growing conditions of the plants stating the type of grow space you use and the yellowness of your plants.

Ian.

Ian, I got mine from Paul early 2013 and so have had it in my growing conditions for just over a year. Mine is grown in a greenhouse which, when it is sunny, gets sun for around 10 hours although it is presently behind some taller plants and so will be slightly shaded. It is currently yellow with no sign of bleaching yet and, as previously mentioned, has a some red veining to the throat.

Dave

• 11 months later...

Got my "Goldie" from Trevor Margetts two years ago, he sent a mini certificate with it saying it was genuine. The tubes are lemon yellow at present with no noticable veining.

Edited by ian

• 1 month later...

Mine as of today. The pitchers seem to get lighter over time. As of yet I've not seen any veining occurring, despite one of the pitchers being open a couple of weeks. 

DSCN0479

DSCN0476

You may have to click on the images to get a full version. Sorry :)

here is the name of my  `Goldie´ where I post above. Ahead few years I sow this plant as:

Sarracenia flava var. ruegelii  - Honeysuckle Road , Hurleywille ; South Carolina.

All the best

Johannes

here is the name of my  `Goldie´ where I post above. Ahead few years I sow this plant as:

Sarracenia flava var. ruegelii  - Honeysuckle Road , Hurleywille ; South Carolina.

All the best

Johannes

• Like 1

Mine came from P & J Plants, has had only slight red veins, but this year they are quite strong red veins. I put this down to the weather conditions but maybe the plant is changing as the roots fill the pot or getting older, I do have it in a different position this year, shaded by some taller plants to try to stop it bleaching out.

Les