replying to posts

ada

I,ve just tried to reply to a topic twice!

when i pressed post,it disappeared the first time,second time it said my post was empty.

any ideas?

ada

Just testing to see if I can

I just wrote a long response to a question and got the empty post remark so I thought I would be clever and copy my text before refreshing.

I went to re-reply and pasted and was left with a few numbers instead lol .

Also text does not automatically return in the typing box but that is not that important.

ada - are you using IE. This forum seems virtually useless with IE. Very little works as it should.

I've left comments in the Forum Feedback. This seems to be the only forum which doesn't work with IE.

It almost as if whoever has done the software has a vested interest in trying to get people to switch from IE.

It NEEDS fixing.

ada - are you using IE. This forum seems virtually useless with IE. Very little works as it should.

I've left comments in the Forum Feedback. This seems to be the only forum which doesn't work with IE.

It almost as if whoever has done the software has a vested interest in trying to get people to switch from IE.

It NEEDS fixing.

I do use Chrome 99% of the time so don't see the issues with IE. I have just tried the forum on IE and it's not too bad for me. But I am beginning to think the CPUK.Board theme is causing a lot of these problems. If you haven't already change your theme to IP.Board and let me know how it works for you. 

Andy - I've just changed, as suggested.

The Quote still doesn't quote.

At the moment it does at least appear to be typing the letters I type (which is an improvement).

But this may be due to the change if it happened yesterday - I hadn't seen your post yesterday about the change.

I've just changed back to the CPUK.board.

Everything (except the look) seems to be exactly the same as on IP board.

The key response is still much improved, so is obviously down to the main change.

The smileys actually appear where you want them now as well (rather than at the beginning of the post, as they were) :thumbsup:

So for me there is no difference between CPUK and IP.board. The quote doesn't work in either.

UPDATE.

Having just posted this reply - it didn't actually post. I opened another window and checked this topic and it hadn't appeared.

So I'm now gonna try again

I use Chrome and switched themes but it still says my posts are empty. So now I am trying 'more reply options'.

Edited by jimscott

Andy - I've just changed, as suggested.

The Quote still doesn't quote.

At the moment it does at least appear to be typing the letters I type (which is an improvement).

But this may be due to the change if it happened yesterday - I hadn't seen your post yesterday about the change.

Quote is now working in IE browser. It was a known issue with some custom skins.

not for me, read the above, tried the suggestions, still get the empty post message! and no quotes.

edit (as this one worked) .......after several attempts and my repeated efforts getting nowhere, my posts just get shorter and shorter until I just cant be bothered.

Content seems to be dwindling on CPUK, could this be the reason?

Edited by Dicon