International Pollen Agency for Nepenthes

The International Pollen Agency for Nepenthes a product of the GFP opened her doors.

Please visit under http://pollen.carnivoren.org and register.

The aim of the International Agency is to provide private persons, companies and institutions with the possibility to find the right partner plant for their flowering Nepenthes. The purpose is to facilitate the exchange of pollen of different Nepenthes species and hybrids; on the one hand, to protect the plants in their natural habitat and, on the other hand, to make it easier for both hobbyists and professional growers to obtain seeds for their collections and for propagation.

a product of the GFP

To explain this a bit more detailed: It is a project from the German cp society which is called GfP (Gesellschaft für fleischfressende Pflanzen) but its aimed at an international audience.

As it is powered by a 20 year old society, this is no snapshot!

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Finding different sexed nepenthes when flowering was to be my next question...I was despairing that it would be a case of having to purchase same species plants from different places to increase male female chance. Am I right in saying there is greater abundance of either male or female nepenthacea?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Oh.... I have been wanting something like this for a long time. Thanks for pointing me to the Pollen exchange! I'm going to tell me fellow Canadian CPers about this!

I have a promiscuous female eymae looking for a mate currently....

• 8 months later...
Anybody register plants successfully in last few months? Tried to contact the administrator weeks ago but to no avail. Great idea but...

The last time Guenter Seiter (one of the admins) logged in was on 04/04/07, so he should be around. How did you try to contact him?

• 1 month later...
The last time Guenter Seiter (one of the admins) logged in was on 04/04/07, so he should be around. How did you try to contact him?

I tried via the email available on the site but had no answer.