your favorite nepenthes species/hybrid

19Silverman93

As the title suggests, What is your favorite species or hybrid of nepenthes and why? I personally have a soft spot for ampullaria myself, the pitchers are lovely and round with a big peristome too, almost cute, in as much as a pitcher can be cute that is, but for it's sheer showy-ness I have to say I think I like Robcantleyi the best :D

Nepenthes attenboroughii , gorgeous plants and they grow very fast under my conditions.

What are your conditions? ;)

We've got a few seedlings that I picked up this year, seem to be doing well so far but still very small.

So many to choose from, I like bicalcarata but mine isn't all that impressive yet. I'm becoming a big fan of sibyuanensis, fantastic large, squat pitchers with some lovely pink and yellow colours as the traps develop. Think I'm going to have to say N. lowii though. It's a real robust plant with interesting lower pitchers, but it's the uppers that really stand out!

N.rajah Mt.kinabalu

P1010715.jpg

That Rajah is bloody gorgeous! (as are all of those that you posted really) but if I really pressed you, which takes the absolute biscuit?

All the above are stunning but for a favourite I'm going to have to say veitcheii, not only because they have nice tubby pitchers in a range of colours but also because they are easy to grow, the leaves/shoots are almost furry and interesting in the own right and the plants don't get too much out of control, unlike a lot of others that seem to think they are strangler vines of some sort. If only i get one to grow up a tree trunk...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is a tough one... my favorite used to be N. rafflesiana. Then N. ampullia. N. madagascariensis for several months. Then N. ventricosa for several years, but the empherial lids became annoying.

I think now my favorite species is whatever the plant known as N. singalana Belirang is.

• 2 weeks later...