Araflora... precision and shipment timetable?

I've ordered a few plants from Araflora (Gert Hoogenstrjid) about a week ago... yesterday he wrote me an e-mail saying that he'll be able to ship the plants next monday or wednesday... Have you evere ordered plants from him? Were thay all ok? And first of all, how long does it take to receive the order?

Always is a pleasure to deal with Gert. I have ordered many plants over the years from him. I always get a huge, healthy plants, so do not worry, you will not be disappointed.

However, usually the packages arrived within a week after being sent...

Gert is a very kindly man, orders from him are always healthy. He gives you bonus plants or discount if you gonna order from him. And he has a high reputation he wants to keep high ;).

great!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I ordered from Araflora as well. What i like about the plants is that they are shipped in pots in their soil mix that they are grown in, instead of bare root in bags as many others do. They all seemed healthy and i was very happy to receive my plants. I can imagine summer time is high season, a bit more busy!  
1 item wasnt delivered, but when i contacted him about it he gave me several options, and i chose for a refund that im currently waiting for.
Over all im satisfied and i will certainly place more orders in the future with Araflora. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Many carnivorous plants have a dormancy break (Dionaea, Sarracenia, some Drosera) therefore they are small after winter.

Your Dionaea are adult plants, they will get bigger soon in good conditions.

Fabrice

• 2 months later...

Hello I just want to share my experiences with araflore and their plants !! I have been shopping 2 times at araflora where I have bought sarracenia psittacina both times. The first psittacina got mold and died 14 days after I got it and the second time I ordered 3 psittacina and now about 14 days after that, 2 of the 3 plants have molded and will surely die. I have grown carnivorous plants for 20 years and have never had any problems with fungus and the plants are in a greenhouse with ventilation. Believe that many of the carnivorous plants from araflora are in vitro propagated and are somewhat more delicate than privately grown. I'm tired of spending 45 € on plants so just die after you've got them. Best Regards Pelle97d20b2f55d41362a75b054905d835d0.jpg

Sendt fra min EVA-L09 med Tapatalk

I can't comment about Araflora but:

Believe that many of the carnivorous plants from araflora are in vitro propagated and are somewhat more delicate than privately grown

Whatever the method used to propagate plants someone can produce bad or good quality plants, this has NOT to do with in vitro or not.

Before i focused on Nepenthes, i have produced many Sarracenia in vitro and they were in general very strong and heathly, usually flowering only after 2 years ex-vitro.

I have always found most Sarracenia growing like weeds - in the greenhouse - if,  like said above, grown in good conditions.

Fabrice

It is speculation, but it could be caused by difference in growing conditions. If plants have to adapt to much colder conditions (or vice versa), that could make them more vulnerable for fungus attacks. In my experience, some species are attacked more easily then others: rubra for example is more susceptible then most other species. But in general, I don't have many problems either.
Have you already contacted Gert about this?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I have bought plants from Araflora on several occasions, and have never been disappointed. The plants I received were always healthy and big. I have bought dionaea and sarracenia from him, and every single one is alive and has grown vigorously since the day I got them (except one that was stolen by a bird).

And if you have problems or complaints, did you ever try contacting him about it?  Every time I've ever spoken with him he was very friendly and helpful. I haven't ever had bad experiences with Gert, and he's definitely one of my favorite sellers. 

Edited by Rory