Rain wanted

FredG

Where does all the rain go? We get these forecasts of heavy rains over several days with the rainclouds shown moving in from the west. They get to Mansfield and Phut! gone. Admittedly we've had a couple of showers over the last couple of days but I've used more than I've collected.

Here's where you could help.

Could the people living on the west side of the country , particularly in Wales, please face east, take deep breaths when a raincloud is spotted and exhale with force. Let's get those clouds moving a bit faster and arrive here before they've depleted themselves.

It was like an absolute monsoon here yesterday, but i live in a first floor flat on a council estate and couldn't collect any of it. I contemplated putting a bucket outside, but the kids round here would only nick it no doubt :sad:

So instead of it going to waste, i'll start huffing and puffing for you Fred :blush:

For the plants I have here at my parents while I'm staying there I'm using water from my Mum's dehumidifier, putting it into a bucket outside that also collects a little rainfall. Having said all that, I just bought a TDS meter for next to nothing on Ebay to test my tap water back home in Ireland as that's where my larger collection is. I've been using the tap water there quite often for a couple of years even though I knew I was taking a risk. I tested the water here at my Mum's in Cornwall and it's 77ppm which is handy. Don't know why I'm saying all this, probably just to say look into the TDS of your tap water as you may be lucky.

plenty up here Fred,fetch a bucket!

ada

I'm not absolutely desperate yet Adrian but I may turn up at your door with a few 5 gallon containers if things don't get a bit wetter :D

Pffft, 5 minutes ? Ours lasted about 4 hours :(

tipped it down all night over my way. not as heavy as yours though so a bit of a trade off I guess. I did manage to stick a bucket out though, it's not much but it's some.

For the plants I have here at my parents while I'm staying there I'm using water from my Mum's dehumidifier

is that safe? I though dehumidifier water was full of crap from the machine?

The water from the dehumidifier is the same as distilled. Has a TDS of 33.

that's good to know, might have to start decanting the stuff from my unit at work, save me having to buy so much distilled in.

I think most of the rain fell on my newly painted garden raised bed this afternoon grrrrrrr. Just to make sure even the slightly dried paint also came off, it threw in some torrential hale too to shot blast it off!!

Had showers over the past couple of days but nothing of any consequence or help, despite havibng collection systems off the house roof and two sheds, I too have had to have the RO machine going to keep a supply of water, but it looks like all us dry midlanders dreams will come true tomorrow with a promised deluge..... I wait with baited breath, and empty barells. Chin up Fred

Steve