Stylidium identification

Dear all

I'm growing some trigger plants from seeds which I imported from Australia about 2 years ago. Then I could finally meet one of the species blooming pink flowers with dark red triggers this morning.

But I got the seeds as S. diuroides subsp. diuroides, which booms yellow flowers. So obviously the one isn't S. diuroides subsp. diuroides.

I looked up the information through the Internet. And I came across 2 of the likely species, S. brunonianum and S. tenue. But I'm not sure if I'm right. I hope anyone who is familiar with trigger plants would let me know the identification.

Best

8700466577_e8cac41c10_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. by ihatov1001, on Flickr

8700467529_77d9336f61_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 2 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

8701591538_d9b3a32074_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 3 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

8701592212_d558f6178d_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 4 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

8700469617_a837546406_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 5 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

Guest Andreas Eils

No, they are probably only visible for ihatov himself (I guess Flickr checks the IP address of the users accessing the pictures?). I once had the same problem and found out in my image preferences on the flickr site my images were set "private". I can see them myself wherever I post them but others can´t. The images need to be set as "public" in the preferences.

However if you click on the links below the image boxes you can see them on Flickr. :smile: That was impossible yesterday either.

Regards

Andreas

Really? As Andreas said , I can see them. I'll attach some more photos below. I hope they are visible this time. And I've also put them on a gallery below.

http://www.cpukforum...leryℑ=6406

http://www.cpukforum...leryℑ=6407

http://www.cpukforum...leryℑ=6408

http://www.cpukforum...leryℑ=6409

If they are still not visible, please let me know. Sorry and thanks.

8704727522_ebb8eb7e31_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 6 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

8704728108_a6d78c9222_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 7 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

8703605407_6afeb5e391_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 8 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

8704728816_dda115be9a_z.jpg

Stylidium sp. 9 by ihatov1001, on Flickr

Edited by ihatov1001

• 3 weeks later...

Nice plants !

For myself, im looking for a ID too.

I buy that plant under the label stylidium petiolare last year, from a nursery in CZE, but i dont think its a real petiolare. Maybe a repens, but im not really sure.

Thanks for asking !

Sorry english is my third language, im not so good,.. do you mean my stylidium lost his specie status ? Its just a unknow stylidium waiting for a botanical description ? Or you had a similar specie with no ID? (Je suis français)

Edited by Maiden

Hello Maiden

As there isn't so much information on the Internet, it is really hard to seek out Stylidium ID isn't it? Yours is so beautiful whatever the name is. And mine is still unidentified too.....

Meanwhile, the flowering term is finished and the cells look like expanding as a result of artificially pollinating. Hopefully I'll get some seeds from them.

Stylidium sp.

Edited by ihatov1001

Kisscool: ok merci. Et tu sais de quelle espece il s'agit exactement ?

Ihatov: yes, i know lol. I search since many months now and i cannot find a single stylidium like mine.

Nice flower on yours by the way !!

Amazing plant

Congratulations on reaching the ID of your trigger! I wish I could do it like yours.

Then did you get that from Cz Plants? I'm just thinking of ordering your species and other triggers.

Maybe a caespitosum ??

Congratulations on reaching the ID of your trigger! I wish I could do it like yours.

Then did you get that from Cz Plants? I'm just thinking of ordering your species and other triggers.

yes from czplants last year, i ordered a petiolare, and i receive this one, im pretty happy :)

I came to the same conclusion. However, there are so many Stylidium species but no valuable ID key, so that's complicated to be sure.

i agree ! Its kinda impossible. Its a pretty obscur plant, and i cannot get many info on the internet. here a better picture of my flower stalk: 8954293256_dbd32136bc_b.jpg

They flower their heads off and multiply without feeding so why bother? Overfeeding may cause problems if there's too much for the plant to digest. Is it worth the risk?

Edited by FredG

?? What a strange reply LoL

Its a carnivorous plant man :)

And im wise enough to not over feed my plants !

I had to put tiny pieces, and i had to mimic the size of insects who can get logicaly caugh by the plant. Like all others cps :)

Edited by Maiden