Trappist

Dormancy - Drosera Regia

Hi - I have a small, fragile looking Drosera Regia - about 2" growth. My initial understanding is that Drosera don't require dormancy (here in the UK), but reading the ICPS webpage on this plant it says 'treat as Sarracenia'?

Do I put it in the unheated greenhouse (with the Sarracenia) or leave in the house over winter?

Any input welcome!

Steve

I'm not sure just how severe a frost it has to be Stephen, in the larger pots (8" square) it's very hardy

Thanks for the responses, guys. Having read a little more about the natural habitat I understand that the winter temp is around +5C (although I don't know the day to night variation), I think I'll try it in an unheated room. This'll keep the frost off whilst avoiding the day / night temperature swings in the centrally heated rooms. I don't mind it going dormant as long as it comes back next spring.

Fingers crossed!

Steve

Mine have been subjected to ambient temperatures for many years.

I have a similar sized plant to Steve's, can I just ask when in the dormant state should we expect it to die back or does it just stop growing?

Gaz

All the top growth goes with me.

This will give you some idea of the dieback, this was taken in spring with the new leaves emerging, The old black dead growth is still attached.

3404597006_d65f7e12ac.jpg

Edited by FredG

Same with mine Stephen, it seemed to be a little earlier this year