Pinguicula Grandiflora

Potteringaround

If you are wanting to grow temperate pings inside on your windowsil you will be alot better trying a go at growing some like dertosensis , fiorii , leptoceras , longifolia , macroceras , mundi , nevadenis , poldinii , vallisnerifolia these aren't as hardy as grandiflora , corsica , vulgaris .

If they get too dry/warm then it does seem to force dormancy, a lot of mine started to do that when I let them get too dry and they started to go into dormancy.

Since it has turned wetter and cooler they are coming back to life again.

The biggest P. grandiflora's this year were in a bog surrounded by a mass of Iris so very shaded.

Most of my other temperate pings are in a well ventilated cloche on the north side of the greenhouse.

Before this I used to grow them under the benches in a shady spot, they were very happy there.

Hi potteringaround

Grandiflora are natinve pings so are indeed OK outside all year round, although if it is in a small pot you run the risk of loosing it in the freeze and thaw cycles through winter, in a bog or large container with some mass they have no problem surviving and indeed thriving.

They do best in bogs with partial shade, so if you have some sarrs or other plants in a container and plant it between them they will get all the shade they need from the growing pitchers.

Cheers

Steve