Fed up with the rain....

Heisenberg

Been camping recently (Somehow during which, my name got changed to Clyde) and lastnight, the wind and rain was genuinely scary. After five minutes my "waterproof" coat turned into a wet sponge, and my shoes had swimming pools inside them.

As for the wind... well, i'm suprised the tent stayed up.

However, we Northeners call this weather Sub-Saharan.... get used to it :rainingsmile:

• Like 1

Been camping recently (Somehow during which, my name got changed to Clyde)

You haven't got long, ginger hair have you Daniel? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHeRaAy3cWQ

Glad to see a bit of sun today, I saw a fly teetering on the edge of my S.Excellens which I watched for ages......it flew off :huh:

• Like 2

That we're having lately in the UK. It's supposed to be June-July!!

My plants are all outsides in this horrible weather.

Sarracenia, Dionaea, Utricularia, Drosera.

I don't have a greenhouse :(

Every morning I have to pick up one or two of my sarracenia from the floor. I've tried to shelter them but made it worse.

Every morning I have to pick up one or two of my sarracenia from the floor. I've tried to shelter them but made it worse.

All my outdoor plants I have put into troughs so they don't blow over. I managed to get some old ice cream tubs that someone was throwing out and I can get five pots in there nice and snug, the rainwater in the bottom keeps them nice and stable.

They don't protect against hail stones though :shout:

While there is nothing we can do about the weather, at least no one is complaining about the lack of rain water!

I have moved some large flavas which have been outside for the last 2 to 3 years into the greenhouse. Even though they were in 10" pots, and under netting, they were too prone to toppling over.

One big downside to all this rain is the rats are on the move again, found two birds in the aviary with their faces chewed off. Replenished the rat poison and put some cat poo around the aviary in the hopes that will scare them away...

One big downside to all this rain is the rats are on the move again, found two birds in the aviary with their faces chewed off. Replenished the rat poison and put some cat poo around the aviary in the hopes that will scare them away...

I've now got a mental picture that you keep bags of cat poo in the shed just in case.

I've now got a mental picture that you keep bags of cat poo in the shed just in case.

Na, just a fat lazy persian moggy that does nothing but eat, sleep and pooh...

On another note though, i came across genuine lion pooh mixture in the garden centre today for scaring cats away! Wonder what else it works on?

Edited by manders

Na, just a fat lazy persian moggy that does nothing but eat, sleep and pooh...

On another note though, i came across genuine lion pooh mixture in the garden centre today for scaring cats away! Wonder what else it works on?

It's really good for your skin apparently :wink::sarcastic_hand:

Edited by jimlard

While you guys across the pond are bombarded with plenty of rain, we are experiencing a drought here in the Midwest USA....Give us some of that precipitation :confused:

While you guys across the pond are bombarded with plenty of rain, we are experiencing a drought here in the Midwest USA....Give us some of that precipitation :confused:

A friend of mine in Chicago was saying to me that she had temperatures up in the 90's. :rainingsmile:

A friend of mine in Chicago was saying to me that she had temperatures up in the 90's. :rainingsmile:

It was actually in the 100's for the past three days...until it finally cooled down today(Saturday)

It ranges from 30 degrees F / -20 degrees F Yup...Very cold, But personally, I prefer the cold than the heat :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

The weather we have at the moment is absolutely pathetic. I am so angry with the weather!!

Thankfully I have a plastic greenhouse thingy and they are thriving in there. Wind did wipe it out a few weeks ago, caused some damage to plants, broke some flowers, but at least they come back strong.

We've had lovely weather here. It's nice that summer fell on a Saturday this year. It's been dry-ish for a few days and believe it or not I'm actually running low on rainwater. I only have a small supply though anyway.