Mirror and Biohazard flytraps

FlytrapCare

A few photos of my mother plants of Mirror and Biohazard. These guys are some serious freaks! I was chuckling while taking the photos at the ridiculousness of their traps. Biohazard is especially interesting with the fold through the middle of the trap and the trigger hairs all along the fold.

f71425f90cf286a90b76ffc0.jpg

4d856a755f6c22d5a47e98e5.jpg

1b2b23323e8da77d367c9ab0.jpg

987e0edef30d563eadd0036d.jpg

df9bf294111468e5cd0f185a.jpg

d40e62670b7980e48fade9dd.jpg

Whats the origin of Biohazard?

I think alot of these mutated plants are the result of chemical treatments that are not permenant.

Find a chemical that caused a particular deformity. Dose a batch of VFTs and stick them on ebay and get £60 each for them. Nice little earner for the unscrupulous type.

Beautifule plants!

Now my "Biohasard" is like a typical vft... :sad:

Sorry to hear that :sad:

Yes, the problem with these two dionaea is that they are unstable ... I'm affraid that you will soon have a typical VFTs ...

Hmm, interesting. I've grown Mirror for well over 1.5 years now and it appears to be quite stable for me. It does make "typical" traps from time to time, but always comes back with some mirrored traps.

Having only had it 8 months or so, I've not grown Biohazard long enough to know how stable it is. Hopefully it will remain stable, but perhaps it's like Pom Pom and will revert to looking typical.

Whats the origin of Biohazard?

I think alot of these mutated plants are the result of chemical treatments that are not permenant.

Find a chemical that caused a particular deformity. Dose a batch of VFTs and stick them on ebay and get £60 each for them. Nice little earner for the unscrupulous type.

I don't know the origin of Biohazard. Does anyone else?

Biohazard come from C.Klein. I grow mine like 10 months and now typical traps... And is not an adult plant!!!

Mirror is not really unstable. Some grower have mirror traps and after 3 years is a typical vft. And some grower id all the time mirror traps. I had my mirror only 2-3months ago. And now it's doing mirror traps :)

Edited by Zagato

I've had Mirror and Biohazard VFT's for about a year. Both of my Mirror plants have no mirrored traps anymore but my Biohazard plants are still doing their thing. I would imagine these clones were produced by treating seeds with Colchicine the same way Funnel Trap was, and like that plant they'll probably slowly revert to typicals over time.

As far as I know Biohazard was grown from seed. After some time they can fall back, but if you then take some cuttings of traps with the mutation, you will get some small Biohazards again.

cheers

Michael

I have mirror for 3 years now and it s still stable,when go into a typical then you have not a real mirror,mirror is watch for severall years before make a registred cultivar.I think you can not say from a registred cultivar it s not stable.

Biohazard it s second season i have this and still biohazard,hope it s stay that way,it s to spended for chance into a typical ,or growers ask far to match for this, :banging:

Cheers Will

Trev why did you say trichterfalle is not stable?

The best multi-traps vft I know is DM "Master of disaster".

I dont think it is stable either. I got one some years ago and it has divided and I have also taken leaf pullings. I now have about 15 of them of various sizes and none has ever shown a funnel trap.

As far as I know Biohazard was grown from seed. After some time they can fall back, but if you then take some cuttings of traps with the mutation, you will get some small Biohazards again.

cheers

Michael

It might be from seed or not but it certainly has been exposed to a mutagenic substance which has interfered with either the chromosome separation during pollen and egg production or the chemical has directly affected the plants development. These deformities rarely happen with naturally produced plants. I have never seen such deformities in plants that I have crossed in all the time I have had VFTs. I would be interested to know if other growers have had such deformities from non chemically treated crossing. Not natural looking variations in colour, trap, teeth, petiole size etc, but a clear disruption to the normal growth pattern.

Mirror is defintly stabil. In young years they don't make mirror traps and adult plants don't make mirror traps every season. I think in the spring they make some and in the summer not.

The original plant from Biohazard is if i remember right from fused tooth. I had three plants and one of them grow back to a typical plant. I devide this plant, but all leaf cuttings are typical plants.

Guillaume i hear about Master of disaster, but i never see a picture of this plant, but they must be very strange. Can you share a pic?

Bye Thomas

Mirror is defintly stabil. In young years they don't make mirror traps and adult plants don't make mirror traps every season. I think in the spring they make some and in the summer not.

The original plant from Biohazard is if i remember right from fused tooth. I had three plants and one of them grow back to a typical plant. I devide this plant, but all leaf cuttings are typical plants.

Guillaume i hear about Master of disaster, but i never see a picture of this plant, but they must be very strange. Can you share a pic?

Bye Thomas

http://www.cpphotofinder.com/dionaea-master-of-disaster-5190.html

I have some question abouth multiply not stable plants,from biohazard are sold many ,how can you multiply this if it s stay not stable?

Another question ,i have a cudo but i not know how i must multiply this,someone know this? It s not make any offsets for me. :rolleyes:

Cheers Will

Thanks Zagato

For cudo like all other vft. ? Not whit my plant,it s make no offsets ,i try whit leafcuttings ,it s not work for me.

Cheers Will

I've had Mirror and Biohazard VFT's for about a year. Both of my Mirror plants have no mirrored traps anymore but my Biohazard plants are still doing their thing. I would imagine these clones were produced by treating seeds with Colchicine the same way Funnel Trap was, and like that plant they'll probably slowly revert to typicals over time.

Interesting. I've been growing Trichterfalle (Funnel Trap) for multiple years now and it still puts out funnel traps every spring and summer. I've produced thousands of them out of TC and they too all produce funnel traps. It seems to be quite stable for me, as does Mirror and the TC plants I've produced of it. Though both of those clones (Mirror and Funnel Trap) can go for quite some time without producing their unusual traps. I've not had Biohazard long enough to comment on its stability.

Trev why did you say trichterfalle is not stable?

The best multi-traps vft I know is DM "Master of disaster".

Hi Guillaume, I've been growing Trichterfalle for 9 years, at first they grew about 1 funnelled trap to every 4 normal, slowly over the years it got less and less, until they hadn't grown any for 2 years, so I got rid of all my Trichterfalle / Funnel Trap plants. I made a post here on the forum about it and many others said theirs were doing the same. Matze said he had some that produced lots of funnelled traps, so I bought 3 from him and at first they were good but already they are producing less and less. Maybe it's me :confused: Would love to try a "Master of disaster" :thumbsup: