P. Medusina

kateemes

Hi,

I can't see the two new posted pictures, but in the small first one I can't imagine that these plants are P. medusina.

Would be really nice if I could see it bigger. Maybe you should wait with selling the plants.

Kind Regards

Marcus

I grow my Pinguicula within an outer glass terrarium.

They reciven 1 hour of direct sunlight in the morning and lots of indirect light.

The substrate used is a mixture of peat, sand cats and silice sand.

Maintain high humidity, always a little water on the floor.

Hi guys,

as I thought! This is definitely not P. medusina!!!

It might be a Hybrid with it, but it's not the species hereself. Please don't sell these plants as P. medusina!

Here is an page with photos of the real deal: P. medusina

Kind Regards

Marcus

Edited by Marcus Vieweg

I never seen a medusina like this,where have you find this?

I am affraid someone sold you a crossing for a pure medusina,

Cheers will

Edited by will9

Hi,

Marcus expected to grow a bit and see my medusinas, you're wrong.Give me your address and I will send you a free Medusina for you to check yourself.

that's absolutely not necessary. I don't want to do you any harm and I think you got this wrong labled plant before form someone else, but please accept that you've got the wrong plant. It's hard to realize that another person gave you something which you haven't expected, but in this case it's definitely the truth :(

I grow Pinguicula for about 10 years and have sometimes also had things wrong labled... This is our hobby. Things like that happen very often.

I am not a crook.

Please I would never say you're a crook! I think you're convinced of having P. medusina, but it is sadly not. The only thing I don't want you is selling these plants under the name P. medusina. If you did that other persons will multiply them and sell them and we'll have many wrong labled plants out there.

Sorry for telling this to you, I know you thought you had a great success with a very special and hard to cultivate plant but it's not the pur species.

Kind Regards

Marcus

Let's wait a month to grow a little and continue the conversation, I think is best for everyone.

Thank you very much for your words Marcus, is it available are mislabeled but I think the source is legit, I'll ask.

Thanks

I grew this ping species once and have to admit the one on here looked wrong to me too.

I have had pings from very very good sources and grown them from tiny seedlings or gemmae only to find out they are the wrong species when they flower.

This plant is easier to grow from tiny plants that appear on the leaf tips,does yours do this?

No one is saying your a crook,just to wait a short time until we are all sure.

ada

Hi again,

Let's wait a month to grow a little and continue the conversation, I think is best for everyone.

please if you want wait one or two months no problem at all, but the pictures are undoubtable.

Here are some questions you might answer:

1. Has the plant ever gone dormant into a real onion like that, so that you could hardly see it in the soil?

2. As ada said, has it ever produced plantlets at the tips of the leaves like that?

3. Do the summerleaves curve, so that the margins nearly touch each other at the back (sorry don't know how to say it correct)?

If you can not answer all three questions with yes, it's not P. medusina.

Kind Regards

Marcus

PS: OK you say it's an in-vitro plant. I've seen very uncommon things in-vitro, but I can't inagine that this plant in-vitro or not is P. medusina.

Edited by Marcus Vieweg

• 1 month later...

I apologize, because I have been informed the person who sold me the plants says the seeds were contaminated by other Pinguicula, also I have noticed over time that are not Medusinas.

All were right.

Sorry.