Dam I Really hope the seeds I am getting will take off like that

Likewise.

• Like 2

My 1 years old eden black seedlings are showing some good colours

Can't wait to see them grown up

IMG_1658_zps24c25921.jpg

IMG_1645_zps61ed82b8.jpg

IMG_1644_zpsc5bfeaa5.jpg

looking good awp, a few look to have great colour. non of my 3 surviving plants have the really black colour yet and i dont think they ever will, however 2 of them are still growing really fast. plant 2 is huge and needs repotting, its coming over the pot. plant 1 has the best colour but its more red than black, its still big for its age but around half the size of plant 2 with smaller pitchers. plant 3 is still tiny in comparison, just a little bigger than yours but not producing adult pitchers like plants one and two. il get some photos to update as i havent for a while. would i be right in thinking now is a good time to repot and try again with some leaf pullings? im eager to get some pullings especially from plant 2 as i want to see if the pullings grow at such a rapid rate also. best wishes - cephmad!

would i be right in thinking now is a good time to repot

Yes.

I always repot Cephs seedlings or adult plants in mid-winter, when they are in semi dormant under my conditions.

• Like 1

PHOTO UPDATE:

All 3 plants are still doing well, time for some new photo's.

Plant 2: still the largest by far, huge pitchers and super fast grow rate, repotting at the weekend and taking the oppourtunity to take some cuttings, very interested to see if the cuttings grow at such a rapid rate also! hopefully the cuttings take this time around.

Plant 2 Front:

cephedplant2.jpg

Plant 2 Back:

cephedplant22.jpg

Plant 2 Top:

cephedplant23.jpg

Plant 1, still the best colour of my 3 survivors but not "black", a decent size but not as big or impessive as Plant 2, also picthers are much smaller.

Plant 1 Front:

cephedplant1.jpg

Plant 1 Back:

cephedplant12.jpg

Plant 1 Top:

cephedplant13.jpg

Finally little plant 3, still; absolutley tiny compared to the other 2 but i think this growth rate is typical and the others are the freaks! It was darker when younger and i had hopes it might turn out "black" but im not sure now, its turned greener over the winter. Showing some good growth recently despite winter so hopefully it will do well once the sun arrives!

cephedplant3.jpg

I will be interested to see if any Eden Black x Eden Black show their parents colouration, with the exception of the one in Australia, which subsequently died.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that characteristics are not passed on, but I guess that is the reason why Eden Black is darker colouration than both of its parents.

It would be interesting to back cross "plant2" with Eden Black to see if this would bring out the colouration hidden in the genes and if you got the excellent vigour of plant 2.

ada

• Like 1

WTF!! What kind of monster is that plant number 2?!?! :shout:

In the fall of 2012, Stephen sent me some seed from 'Eden Black' & also some from "Big Boy". The babies from the "Big Boy" parents germinated later but are significantly larger than all of the seedlings from the 'Eden Black' parents. Has anyone else noticed a similar growth rate difference?

Edited by RL7836

It is a bit encouraging that the Eden Black-selfed seed have shown such nice color in vitro, especially given the dim lighting usually seen in grow rooms . . .

Cephalotus follicularis "Eden Black x Self" 14 February

EB-B2013_zps8d59b415.jpg

EB2013_zps1868cdb5.jpg

• Like 3

I smell alot of b.s. in this post there is now way them eb seedlings grew that big in a year. if anyone else is with me feel it for me. unless all you feed yhem is super worms. I just looked today actually and I got 5 eb,s germinated so we shall see if they grow that fast.god bless if they do.

• Like 1

no b/s here, they we're sown in summer 2011 so approaching 2 years old now.... not 1 year.

Corky, are you Corky Bucek?

:D

• Like 1

Well after about 2 months or more I have 5 ebxeb seeds germinated. looks great so far. Can ayone here tell me a easy way to do picutres. Is there a better way other then photobucket?