Eden Black Seedlings

cephmad!

• 2 months later...

looking good awp, a few look to have great colour. non of my 3 surviving plants have the really black colour yet and i dont think they ever will, however 2 of them are still growing really fast. plant 2 is huge and needs repotting, its coming over the pot. plant 1 has the best colour but its more red than black, its still big for its age but around half the size of plant 2 with smaller pitchers. plant 3 is still tiny in comparison, just a little bigger than yours but not producing adult pitchers like plants one and two. il get some photos to update as i havent for a while. would i be right in thinking now is a good time to repot and try again with some leaf pullings? im eager to get some pullings especially from plant 2 as i want to see if the pullings grow at such a rapid rate also. best wishes - cephmad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PHOTO UPDATE:

All 3 plants are still doing well, time for some new photo's.

Plant 2: still the largest by far, huge pitchers and super fast grow rate, repotting at the weekend and taking the oppourtunity to take some cuttings, very interested to see if the cuttings grow at such a rapid rate also! hopefully the cuttings take this time around.

Plant 2 Front:

cephedplant2.jpg

Plant 2 Back:

cephedplant22.jpg

Plant 2 Top:

cephedplant23.jpg

Plant 1, still the best colour of my 3 survivors but not "black", a decent size but not as big or impessive as Plant 2, also picthers are much smaller.

Plant 1 Front:

cephedplant1.jpg

Plant 1 Back:

cephedplant12.jpg

Plant 1 Top:

cephedplant13.jpg

Finally little plant 3, still; absolutley tiny compared to the other 2 but i think this growth rate is typical and the others are the freaks! It was darker when younger and i had hopes it might turn out "black" but im not sure now, its turned greener over the winter. Showing some good growth recently despite winter so hopefully it will do well once the sun arrives!

cephedplant3.jpg

In the fall of 2012, Stephen sent me some seed from 'Eden Black' & also some from "Big Boy". The babies from the "Big Boy" parents germinated later but are significantly larger than all of the seedlings from the 'Eden Black' parents. Has anyone else noticed a similar growth rate difference?

Edited by RL7836

I smell alot of b.s. in this post there is now way them eb seedlings grew that big in a year. if anyone else is with me feel it for me. unless all you feed yhem is super worms. I just looked today actually and I got 5 eb,s germinated so we shall see if they grow that fast.god bless if they do.

• Like 1

Well after about 2 months or more I have 5 ebxeb seeds germinated. looks great so far. Can ayone here tell me a easy way to do picutres. Is there a better way other then photobucket?