Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nadja77

First seed lot!

18 posts in this topic

Success!! After a number of years of growing neps I finally got my first lot of seeds! Strangely, no one in my house seems to be very excited about that, so I decided to share the news here.:biggrin: If anyone is interested in swapping some of these for other seeds let me know! The cross is N. ventricosa x N. veitchii (Sungai samba) harvested on the 04-02-2012

Sorry for the bad quality, my phone takes horrid pictures.

web1-1.jpg

web2.jpg

web-1.jpg

Nadja

Edited by nadja77

Congrats! Sound like a very nice cross!

How about sending some to SA haha, not much here yet our seeds are still brewing.

Congrats! Sound like a very nice cross!

Yes, I think it will be an interesting cross! Pity it takes so long before the plants are mature enough to see the characteristics!

How about sending some to SA haha, not much here yet our seeds are still brewing.

As I said, I'll send some to Benjamin, I'm sure he'll sort you out :thumbsup:

hey just to let you know ep has made this cross and peter has one so if you want to see mature pitchers ask him

Thanks Stephen :smile:

Thanks Kevin, I'll ask him. I have not found many pics of this cross, so it would be nice to see one of theirs.

Thanks Stephen :smile:

Thanks Kevin, I'll ask him. I have not found many pics of this cross, so it would be nice to see one of theirs.

Here is a Picture of the EP cross.

050820112166.jpg

Here is a Picture of the EP cross.

050820112166.jpg

Thanks Peter!

Wow what a stunning plant! this yours? What form of N. veitchii was used in the cross?

Thanks Peter!

Wow what a stunning plant! this yours? What form of N. veitchii was used in the cross?

I think it was the "Golden Peristome" form, the Peristome on this plant starts out light red/pink but later starts to go golden. When the Pitcher is a little older the Peristome looks just like Veitchii Golden Peristome. Your Ventricosa looks like the red form so it will make a good parent for this cross I think. It should be a little more colourful. Yes, it is mine :-)

I think it was the "Golden Peristome" form, the Peristome on this plant starts out light red/pink but later starts to go golden. When the Pitcher is a little older the Peristome looks just like Veitchii Golden Peristome. Your Ventricosa looks like the red form so it will make a good parent for this cross I think. It should be a little more colourful. Yes, it is mine :-)

Lucky fish! love the pale appearance of the pitchers on your plant. Combined with that colour peristome it is really a beauty. Hopefully some plants of my cross will have similar characteristics. And it looks like it inherited N. ventricosa vigor too.

Lucky fish! love the pale appearance of the pitchers on your plant. Combined with that colour peristome it is really a beauty. Hopefully some plants of my cross will have similar characteristics. And it looks like it inherited N. ventricosa vigor too.

It is very vigorous unlike my N.Veitchii's which seem a little slow growing, except the Veitchii (K) which seems to grow a little faster than the others. I have about 5 different Veitchii clones.

I think it was a good descision to get you that vent x veitchii, not only beautiful but vigorous and not to mention cheap

I dont think we ever got anything but spectacular plants from EP. Nuff said.

Congratulations :whistle3:

That sounds to be a nice hybrid :thumbsup:

Congratulations whistle3.gif

That sounds to be a nice hybrid thumbsup.gif

Thanks hopefully the first of many :thumbsup: