Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bodaciousbonsai

1/4" Strength fertilizer with distilled water in Cephalotus follicularis pitchers?

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I was reading a in script on growing Nepenthes villosa. From what I understand is when Growing N. villosa you can fill the young pitchers with 1/4 strength orchid fertilizer and distilled water to help aid in the overall growth of the plant. Can this be done with Cephalotus follicularis? I guess one would have to experiment to find out. Anybody out there try this method for feeding their Ceph. :whistling:

I guess I am going to experiment on my vigorous Cephalotus follicularis. I will post results and pictures of before and after. :thumbsup:

Edited by bodaciousbonsai

I fertilize my cephs through the roots but have never put fertilizer in a pitcher. Keep us updated!

I root feed mine with orchid fertiliser or hydroponic nutrient solution. Whilst pitcher feeding might work, I don't really see the need when I can root feed.

I have put 1/4 20-30-20 houseplant fertilizer in young ceph pitchers and have seen little effects, good or bad.

When I have the time, I regularly place some weak fertilizer solution in the pitchers. I understand from Av that Cephs also get a significant amount of their nutrients from root uptake but ferts in the pitchers help keep mosses from going crazy.