Hairy Hamata

osmosis

Thanks for that.

I also wonder what the lower pitchers of the N. aff. tentaculata look like, and also how close the leaves and flowers are to N. tentaculata (both from Sulawesi and Borneo).

And that last picture is interesting, I don't know what it is either.

LeeB.

Edited by LeeBr

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

yes please osmosis let us know what happened to those flowers!!

I cannot say I was successfull with this plant; after it stayed alive but almost not grew in my cool basement setup for some years I thought why not try it in my warmer and more aerial windowsill-tank setup. The plant is unforgiving for mistakes, one day it got too hot in there from the sun, and it was cooked. No other species suffered, like inermis, dubia, ephippiata, burbidgea, mikei, aristolochioides, glabrata all survived. Actually I think it was also infected with mites, which I only then realised were a problem in my whole collection. So you definietely want to keep it free from mites and NEVER expose it to temperatures above 30°C.

BTW, I think this plant is quite distinct from all the hamata variation I have seen...

regards, Mathias

Edited by Mathias