Largest Dionaea Trap Competition 2011

Trev

Largest Dionaea Trap Competition 2011

It's time again for the Biggest Trap Competition :shock:

Prize for the winner this year is a Dionaea "Dentate X Piranha"

The competition is open to anyone worldwide but the prize can only be sent within Europe.

The rules are:

The trap must be closed and photographed parallel to the camera, with a clear plastic ruler (in millimetres) in front of the trap, the trap is to be measured across the side just below the teeth, the teeth are NOT included in the measurement. Like this:

trapmeasure.jpg

Post your pictures here. You can enter as many times as you like. Pictures must be taken this year. Competition ends September 31st. Please keep discussion to a minimum, so the thread does not get flooded.

May the biggest trap win! :banana:

Trev :)

Edited by Trev

Here my first big trap of the year - on a "Giant Form", about 45mm, just finished developing and about to open.

giantrap11.jpg

Trev

Do you get the prize if you win? :sarcastic_hand:

• Like 2

Do you get the prize if you win? :sarcastic_hand:

I think by the way things are going he might just win himself, 45mm is going to be hard to beat.

• 1 month later...

Here is my 5 cm trap from vft "Darwin".

Where are all the B52 traps in this thread?

From the B52 official cultivar description: " traps that are up to 5.7 cm (2.25 inches) long"

So where are all the B52 traps, length 50 to 57 mm?

Really nobody has a single B52 with traps sized like in the official cultivar description?

Many cultivars are like this. People are too quick to label something as special. I think B52 should have been observed for a number of years before declaring it as having unusually large traps. Its should only then be a selling point if it consistently produces them.

That clears it up Alistair-you sent me the plant after I won it in a forum auction. I eventually gave a division to Guillaume from that very plant. So, this plant has been on TV,and now it's the strongest contender for this competition-you could say it's making a name for itself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...