9th ICPS Conference USA

A small but joyfull announcement on behalf of the NECPS :thumright: :

The New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting the 2012 International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS) conference. The conference will be held August 11-13, 2012, with field trips following for several days afterward.

The conference will be held at the Johnson and Wales University Inn in Seekonk, Massachusetts. The hotel and conference center is owned and operated by a renowned culinary and hospitality school. See http://www.jwinn.com/ for more information on the venue. There are several rooms reserved for our group.

Our location is just 6 miles from downtown Providence, Rhode Island. With its airport, bus stations, and train station, Providence is easily accessed by both domestic and international travelers. We are also near two large international airports – about 3 hours’ drive from New York City and about an hour from Boston.

More details on the conference will be announced as they become available. To join an e-mail list to receive conference announcements, please send a message to Emily Troiano, NECPS Vice President, at emily.troiano (at) gmail (dot) com.

Hi,

is there already a plan for the field trips? What cps are growing in that area and what will they look like in August?

I was hoping to have the conference a bit more south as this would have given a chance to reach some of the famous places more easily, which would have been for sure a good point to attract more people from overseas. Anyway, i hope to be able to join the conference ;)

Christian

I'll post any info on fieldtrips here (don't think they are on this forum, right?) as it becomes available, but that's up to the NECPS.

Their proposal was chosen as the best offer. However. the location doesn't mean anything for quality of fieldtrips and of course there might be people willing to offer additional guided tours so to speak to those willing to travel.

I had great fieldtrips after the Sydney conference, but had a real party after taking a plane from Sydney to Perth for a week of Dew-hunting :dance3: Let's wait for the program first, shall we?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Marcel, I was wondering if you could be more accurate with the dates for the conference. Currently, I have enough Airmiles for a return flight to Boston. Airmiles are going to change in mid November to a slightly different system. I really wanted to book my flight before November. Have you got enough information yet on the full dates for the conference to take account of the field trips ?

Thanks

David.

Hi David,

I don't have all the information yet. In the September issue of CPN there is the info as known ATT but that issue hasn't dropped in my mailbox yet and I guess neither anywhere else in Europe so the main points in that publication are:

Conference will be held 11 - 13 august at the Johnson and Wales Inn/conference centre. This is near Providence and they offer a group rate ($99/night).

The fieldtrips will follow the conference, not much details on them yet except that the NECPS is looking at the NJ Pine Barrens and the famous Green swamp NC.

You can subscribe to a mailing list for all updates by sending the NECPS Vice-President an e-mail: [email protected]