Nepenthes attenboroughii

Nepaholic

And there's an aerial rosette of N. pervillei on the left bottom..! This shows how skilled you are Siggi, if anyone still has doubt ;-)

Thank you very much for sharing your cultivation tips.

This is very helpful.

By the way, to which species belong these elongated upper pitchers on the left?

All the best,

François.

Edited by Sockhom

Hey Francois,

thanks for your kind comment. Yes, one of the N. pervillei has 6 aerial rosettes and flowered last year for the first time since 1992 (male, grown from seeds). Here is a picture from today. The plant below is a dark red N. albomarginata (female, vines up to 4 m long, strongly branching)

Nepenthes_pervillei_280311_1web.jpg

N. pervillei is always suffering during winter and starts now again to make new pitchers. The upper pitchers on the left belong to a very old N. rafflesiana, behind in the back are some pitchers of N. khasiana which is meanwhile more than 6 m long growing over the whole front side. Down on the right side grows a N. eymae x clipeata (hybridized by Mr. Debbert in Munich about 1990), above is a vine of N. mirabilis visible.

Some more pictures of the collection are here: Pictures from our colection

• 7 months later...

Due to our USA trip in spring and the following six months of editing our first HD-film "Sarracenia - Endangered Gems", as well as some "time eating" renovations at our house I've been off the forums for a while. However, here is a short upgrade to keep you informed on the cultivation progress.

The N. attenboroughii kept looking like the above photos until about late May. With high temperatures up to 40°C in summer - different from the weather north of us, our upper Rhine-valley had a dry and warm summer - all pitchers of all plants dried, however, the leaves kept looking healthy but the growth slowed down extremely. In late September I lost suddenly two plants, which simply dried down, while the remaining ones did not produce any pitchers. Since late October, with cooler conditions the new growth appeared and meanwhile the first, still relatively small pitchers opened. One of them is here (sorry for the poor focus):

Nepenthes_attenboroughii_2011-1web.jpg

Sorry to hear that you lost two plants! But this pitcher of remaining one is just amazing!! I have never seen so beautiful and RED pitcher of attenboroughi neither in nature or cultivation.

Here some of my fresh germinating seeds in TC.

New clones in TC, that's wonderful Jens. I'm very curious whether the plants show the same variation in pitcher-shape like those of the first seed-collection. But I think that will need a while. I cross fingers that they thrive and prosper very fast.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...