Firefox CPUK Forum Search Add-On

mobile

Hi,

I have created a Firefox browser search add-on for CPUK Forum. It is available at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/257023/

If you find it useful would be so kind as to leave a review on the Mozilla add-on page, as I require a few positive reviews in order to get it Mozilla reviewed.

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,

I've installed your plugin on Firefox 3.6.12 and was given a dialogue box with the option to start using it immediately, which I ticked.

But the plugin doesn't appear in the Add-Ons lists, even after restarting Firefox.

What should we see if it's installed and working successfully?

Cheers,

Vic

Hi Carl,

I've installed your plugin on Firefox 3.6.12 and was given a dialogue box with the option to start using it immediately, which I ticked.

But the plugin doesn't appear in the Add-Ons lists, even after restarting Firefox.

What should we see if it's installed and working successfully?

Cheers,

Vic

Hi Vic,

It should appear in the Search bar...

5yamhw.png

Edited by mobile

Vic i did the same as you but mine worked fine. Maybe uninstall and then re-install and see if that works...

Ignore that sorry just read your post again... Mine immediately appeared in the top righthand corner.

Maybe try and install it for a second time and see what happens

Edited by Mags

Thanks guys;

That explains it all!! :thumbsup:

I've customised my Firefox toolbars, and had removed the Search box to make way for other stuff...

Put the box back, and - hey presto! - it works straightaway :lol:

One good writeup for plugin, coming up...!! :mail1:

Cheers,

Vic

P.S.

Bl**dy Mozilla want me to confirm my new account, and haven't sent me the confirmation email. Aaargh! I don't mind security at all, so long as it works in real time... :wall2:

Edited by Vic2

• 5 months later...