H. sarracenioides -- special requirements??

killerplantsguy

Hi everyone,

I've been attempting to grow H. sarracenioides for almost a year, with little success. It's alive, but has remained small and is growing very slowly. Does it have any special requirements? N. minor, N. nutans, N. pulchella, N. ionasii and N. elongata are doing well for me...most have adult pitchers and the older plants have been blooming for several seasons.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by killerplantsguy

Hi, Paul

I have got 3 different clones of H. sarracenioides, and all 3 are very slow growers.

Taking almost a month to produce a single pitcher!

So I think its going to be a few years before any of us will be posting photos of our plants in flower !

Regards

Langy

Agreed - I have some very vigorous Helis, both large and small but sarracenioides just seems to crawl along. If there is a secret, I clearly haven't found it. I have tried in different light levels, with no perceptible difference.

The other thing I am blooming frustrated in is ionasii - it not has 5 inch juvenile pitchers and multiple crowns, but only ever produced one adult pitcher 6 months ago - I know it is meant to be slow to mature, but 3 years from TC seems an awful stretch - any secrets here?

• 2 weeks later...