What do you do in real life???

fly

Guest Sheila
:shock:

Now being paid to do the job I was volunteering for, just for the summer though.

Spending my working day out in the wilds of The Broads, in amongst the the native CPs, Orchids and bird life.

:D

as in Monty Pythons 'The life of Brian,'

You lucky, lucky b*****d :mrgreen:

Guest Rory

WOW! Disneyland! I haven't ever been, but its neatr the top of my milion things I want to do before I die :)

I am in year 9 in school and am going into year 10 in september. I took for my options for year 10&11 (GCSE'S):

Cooking

Religious Studies

German

History

Accelerated Seperate Sciences

Im hoping to become a vet though. What a life, shoveing your hand up a cows thingymajig. :shock:

What a life, shoveing your hand up a cows thingymajig.

yeah, that's what stopped me wanting to become a vet, also being allergic to mammals didn't help.

I've just got a job in the houseplant section at Wyvale Woodlands! I'm looking after their CPs lol

Currently got As level exams, so i gotta pull out some As so I at least have a chance to get into MedSchool

I think you've put me off being a vet!

At home I doctor my plants, at work I doctor my patients. :D

• 3 weeks later...
I am not quite sure if it is the right word but I think so, Iam an chemical technician in a environmental lab.

What a coincidence! I do that do... or at least I used to. I hope to be doing that again soon. I worked mostly in the Metals Department, but also in Wet Chem, Sample Custody, and Organics Prep. How about you?

• 2 weeks later...

I work in the Duchy of Cornwall Nursery. Although owned by the Prince of Wales (future king of England) we don't bite and you don't have to dress up to come and visit!

My jobs are varied- weeding and watering etc, but I also have a few long term projects on the boil. Breaks up the monotony.

I just wish I could spend more time on my own plant collection, including my expanding CP collection (including my five new Drosera as a result of meeting Langy!).

I did not train formally to work in horticulture... after my A-levels I was tired of the education system so 'threw myself in at the deep end' of the job by joining a nursery and then a garden centre; I have had to work very hard to make up for my lack of formal training. I would not recommend my path to anyone who wants to join the horticultural industry; it is very hard work and if you are any less than 100% 'planty' you will probably not get very far. Still, has so far worked for me so who knows..?

I am hoping to take/do horticulture and get a college degree,I am hoping to get some credits soon,so I will have a jump. Since I am homeschooled It helps my CP hobby and helps my school work. I may be a vet since I am not that squeamish and love animals. There is a nursery bordering my property :shock: So I have a chance to learn grafting and other fun stuff :) I will have to make a fort knox to hold my goats,9 strands of electric wire will boarder her fence the goats are needed for the wickedly fast growth rate of the evil blackberries.

I am a student with a bad cp habit, who plays lacrosse, bastketball, and soccer; consideres himself an accomplished trombonist (plays the trombone), and can kinda play the harmonica!

After school i hope to have a career in my plants, or my sports, or my music, or my reptiles (my other passion)! :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Ah, Andy. You see I have this pain in my left....

Only kidding! Good to have someone on hear who knows about humans as well as plants! :)

You should not leave it as "I have this pain in my left...." as we can add all kinds of ends to this! :-)

Humans answer back but plants don't. They just keel over and died, for me anyway, plants that is. May be I should stick to humans! LOL.