Light and temperature for B. reducta

Shetanii

I would like buy a B. reducta, but i don't know if I manage with this plant.

I have a question, because I have one fluorescent tube T8 58W. This light will be enough for bromelia? Now I have Narva Oceanic Nature, but i have buy another lamp.

My second question is about temperature. I have a south room and in summer is rather warm. How b. reducta tolerate temperatures about 25*C? I can keep this temperature, but i read that this plant like cool temperatures.

Thank You for reply

I keep B. reducta in the greenhouse in the summer. It turns a golden yellow colour in strong sunlight and doesn't appear to struggle in the heat at all. During the winter months it stays on my west facing windowsill and is doing fine.

Guest Sheila

In the greenhouse it has been from around 12C up to 30C and in the house from 18C - 25C. These are not exact temperatures, sometimes it may have been cooler or hotter, but I haven't really been taking a lot of notice of the highest and lowest temperatures. The only time the plant has ever looked unhappy was after I knocked it off the shelf and it hit the floor damaging the leaves, but other than that it's been fine.

hello

mine is between 10°C in winter and 40°C in summer. Just one spray of water per day in winter and many in summer. this winter I had some trouble with my heater and for one or two night temperatures was only 3°C inside the greenhouse but there was no effect on him. vanda and nepenthes yes but not brochinia or heliamphora.

Fab

• 3 months later...