Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-=Joel=-

How To Remove Pen Ink From Plant Labels

41 posts in this topic

Question is in the title. I have put them in the dishwasher twice now and the pen is still as clear as ever :man_in_love:.

Any tips on how to remove the ink from my plant labels so that I can reuse them would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by -=Joel=-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried methylated spirits?

Failing that you could always sand paper them down.

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An abrasive cleaner like 'Vim' (if it still exists) or 'Bar Keepers Friend', a nylon scouring pad and elbow grease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sharp knife and scrape it off Joel... :man_in_love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

razor blade works well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
razor blade works well.

Next question.. how do you get blood off of a plant label ;-)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Next question.. how do you get blood off of a plant label ;-)

Let Seymour lick it off. :man_in_love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I scratch it off, but only if you have enough nail :man_in_love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A dab of methylated spirits on a tissue should take it off. If you have none handy, use a spray of eau-de-cologne - works just as well. Or even vodka might do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leave them in dilute bleach for 24 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd try methylated spirits or surgical spirits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends upon the particular pen. Alcohols won't touch a decent permanent ink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A dab of methylated spirits on a tissue should take it off. Or even vodka might do.

So Rob, that means vodka consists of methanol? I knew it - somehow :man_in_love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your right Aidan. Alcohols are no good lol.

Alexis:- Does the bleach work or is it a guess ? Looks like the cheapest and easiest option so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about acetone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't waste good vodka on a plant label! :man_in_love: Just kidding! I've used very fine sandpaper with success...It usually comes off rather easily. :dance: Brian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A wipe with a tissue dampened with Isopropyl alcohol will remove Write-4-All ink.

It won't touch pencil though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks like the cheapest and easiest option so far.

Errrrrrrm that would be buying some new labels :teehee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brillo pads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try a bit of neat Jif (or Cif, or whatever stoopid name it has now!). Give it a bit of a rub. Comes off a dream!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Errrrrrrm that would be buying some new labels :teehee:
If you don't already have the cleaning products mentioned above then it would probably be cheaper buying new labels than the products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers will do the trick. Either that or leave them out in the sun for a while... :teehee:

Edited by EdaxFlamma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but... if the UK is anything like here. no place sells plant lables in the winter time. the only place to get them is online.

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexis:- Does the bleach work or is it a guess ? Looks like the cheapest and easiest option so far.

It works for me! I've done it 3 or 4 times. Leave it for a day or so and 90% of the ink is gone. Drying each label individually with an old towel then removes the other 10%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will give it ago later :)

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0