The polymorphic D.cistiflora

Hello Nigel!

>>Debbert's plants were always a big part of our discussions while driving around from place to place in S.Africa. Andreas has just written to me saying he met Debbert and confirmed that we saw D.coccipetala (pics soon) & D.variegata at Caledon (this was the D.cistiflora with shoots at the base of the scape); the red D. cistiflora is what Debbert named D. rubripetala; the massive lowland populations of D.cistiflora at Baineskloof is what he described as D.liniflora; the "yellow" D.pauciflora (pics soon) D.atrostyla, and a large pink-flowered D.trinervia from the Cedeberg mountains (also not pictured yet) is what he called D.afra. The only one we didn't see was D.rubripetala, which is a rosetted species closer to D.aliciae/ slackii.

>Can you post the images of some of these species please?

Geez, you're right! And there are still so many pics I'd like to post up here but can't find the time! I'll post a little sampler of what I mentioned above for you in a few minutes... ;)

Best Wishes, Fernando Rivadavia