Effect of Trichoderma on cephalotus

agustin franco

Dear All:

As some of you may well know, i am using trichoderma fungus to grow cephs. So far so good. My cephs are "bad fungus free". the plants are growing very strong. Especially those which grow in a double bottom pot with a clear plastic cover on top. There is a website

www.cephalotus.info

this site explains where to get trichoderma in England.

Dear Indymental:

I would be very happy if you can tell us of any progress using trichoderma to grow your cephs.

Thanks.

gus

So far the results are looking good. I have eight cuttings, four are being kept in high humidity with bags over the pots and four are being kept in lower humidity, uncovered on the kitchen windowsill. All are Trichoderma treated, and none are showing any signs of fungus. The plants being kept in high humidity are growing larger pitchers and look healthier and stronger, than the ones in lower humidity. I really need to get some cuttings going without the aid of Trichoderma, so I can compare the results with and without it, but that will have to wait until I get a new ceph as I treated the mother plant and I am not sure whether any new cuttings would already have some protection,

I have lost every ceph I have ever grown in high humidity in the past to fungal attack, which usually sets in as soon as the temperatures drop, so I am more than happy with the results so far, we have had some pretty cold night time temperatures the past few weeks.

So far so Good indymental. I have had the same results. What we are doing here is not just telling everybody how good or bad something is. From past experience we can't compare unless we have 2 or 3 more cp growers comparing results with you. so I am very pleased and I hope your cephs grow very big and nice.

Gus

P.S. I am going to start looking for Joel's site. I don't know what happened to it

Vertigo, a quick Google search pulled up

http://www.albrightseed.com/trichoderma.htm

which is located in California.

I did not look much further, but there must be many other sources in the US.

Also, the US Agricultural Research Service has an interesting web site

http://nt.ars-grin.gov/taxadescriptions/ke...odermaIndex.cfm

• 8 years later...

If your looking for trichoderma I would try www.fungiperfecti.com. he's in the USA. I own two of his books Paul stamets.

Edited by bodaciousbonsai