Hello everyone , i''m new to this forum. I'm experienced with all kinds of plants for the last 16 years especially cacti, lately i started growing carnivorous plants because of increased availablity. i'm not new to carnivorous plants but i rather be humble and ask questions to make sure im doing it the right way.....My questions are :
1. is coconut coir (or chips ) suitable for carnivorous plants, i have been growing bromelia in a coconut coir mix but bromelia have higher salt tolerance than carnivorous plants ? bromelia are looking good ( in this mix for 1.5 years) does this mean i can use this brand of coconut coir for carnivorous plants or would it still contain too much nutrients ?
2. Can i grow carnivorous plants in pine bark (pinus sylvestris bark ) or will it turn into a mush ?
3. Can i water tolerant species like nepenthes and Pinguicula with water filtered by a brita filter ? dH of my tap water is 7.7 and the pH is 7.96 .... would the plants survive if i flush the pot with distilled water every 3 or 4 weeks ? Can i mist my plants with water filteren by brita filter ?
4. What are the minimum temperatures of N.ventrata , ventricosa and alata ?
5. What is the biggest creature your carnivorous plant devoured ?